Saturday 21 February 2015

SEED Book Review


























I'm back with another review! This time I will be reviewing a new book being published in early March, this book is SEED by Lisa Heathfield. I received this book from Lovereading4kids.

Pearl had lived her whole life at Seed, never doubting Papa.S or anything she ever had to do. But when a new boy from the outside arrives she starts to feel and hear new, different things and thoughts, Pearl starts to doubt everything she was ever taught…


The more I read the more I realised the people in the seed weren’t just extreme hippies living in nature; there was something dramatically more sinister with layers of lies, abuse and mistreatment obvious to any outsider. I really liked the different view in this book, as Pearl wasn't the rebel or the heroine, she was just a somewhat naïve girl confused with what she was being told.  I hadn't read any cult books before this so I enjoyed the mystery of it. However I felt the ending was quite shocking and unpredictable; it took me a while to recover from it! All in all I felt, SEED was a complex and interesting book with believable characters and surprising story line.  I got this book in an uncorrected bound proof but the cover I have seen online (above) is so colour and pretty and would look fantastic on a bookshelf!

Until the next time, 
Izzy 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment