Friday 27 March 2015

I'll Give You the Sun Book Review

© 2015 Goodreads Inc

© 2015 SLV

When I went into this book, I was imagining an average teen fiction novel but boy was I wrong! It was as amazing as the bright orange cover; a poetic, tragic story about loss, grief, art, mistakes, families, sexuality, and all-consuming love. Jandy Nelson covered so many big topics that all go not just being a teenager but life in general.  She captured the many ways people grieve. The storyline differed with many dips and turns, making me laugh and cry. With a clever split narrative, I’ll give you the sun told the beautiful story of twins Noah and Jude, before and after a tragedy drives them apart. Overall, I'll Give You the Sun summed up life and love perfectly and was very thought provoking at times, I'd get the tissues ready for this novel, that is just brimming full of emotion!

I was sent this courtesy of LoveReading4kids. Go check them out!

Until the next time, 
Izzy 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment